I haven’t posted here in a while, so newsflash: new version up, posted on the BIF thread too. Download link: ASR AI 0.9.1
– aiming skill increased slightly in CfgAISkill
– CTRG units are now SF (skill level 2)
– reworked reactions to danger
– userconfig defaults changed: radiorange from 400 to 500, throwsmoke from 0.5 to 0.8, gunshothearing from 0.8 to 1.2; will increase awareness and smoke usage
– dispersion coefficients reduced
– aiming default skills increased in userconfig
– minor rate of fire tweaks
– better helicopter spotting (increased sensitivity)
– improved selection of cover objects
– minor code improvements
– requires 1.14
Here’s the current snapshot for all you lazy bums who can’t be bothered to grab it from PWS/SU 🙂
Download: asr-ai3-20140217 Note: the userconfig needs to be updated, it’s structure changed a bit.
As usual, updates are quite often pushed to the SU/PWS repo, but not so often packaged and uploaded like this.
Here’s an (mostly) up to date feature list:
– AI’s fire mode selection, rate of fire and engagement ranges are tweaked. Makes them shoot more human-like.
– Weapon dispersion varies more with unit’s skill. The lower the skill, the more increased dispersion. Makes tweaking them from the userconfig more effective.
– Reconfigures detection skills for soldiers. Base sensitivity skill has been reduced for civilians (3->2) and increased for snipers (3.5->4).
Enemy snipers should be harder to hide from while friendly snipers should be employed strategically.
Hearing has been improved for soldiers but the perceived noise made by soldier movement was reduced. Makes sneaking up still possible while soldiers will detect other noises better overall (those made by gun shots or vehicles for example).
– The units skills are automatically configured based on their unit type, faction and the settings that can be changed in the userconfig. The skills are randomized but given in between a minimum and a maximum value based on the skill level each unit is assigned in. This way you can have regular unit better then guerilla but spec ops or snipers a lot better then all so you’re able to customize but also keep the diversity. You can configure for each unit class values for their aiming, spotting and general skills. You can also apply global coefficients per faction. The skills are appied after the start of the mission for present units or for any units that may spawn in later.
– Skill reduction for wounded units. Wounding your target has an immediate effect on their ability to detect you or shoot back.
– Reconfigures unit costs. Units are classified by importance in 3 levels: less (civilians, insurgents, militia), normal (regulars), more (special ops, snipers, officers). Units (especially players) may change equipment so it doesnt make sense to have an “AT guy” wear a big “shoot me first” sign just because he’s in that “class”.
– The viewdistance of the dedicated server is dynamically adjusted during a mission based on sun elevation and fog level. This is done because the view distance of the AI on the server determines how fast they will lose a target they already became aware of. Less chances of getting shot through the thick of the fog or darkness by AI you can’t even see.
– AI share info about threats with other groups in their proximity if they have radios. Enhances awareness for groups that are not directly in contact with an enemy.
– AI Groups coming into contact while in the open will try to move to cover. They may use smoke to conceal their movement. Helps them survive longer when caught in the open.
– AI groups which do not have any pre-set waypoints may respond to danger with an attack, take defensive positions, use near houses, static or vehicle weapons.
They will assess known enemy strength when considering how to react to danger. Makes then less predictable and more dangerous.
– AI machinegunners use suppressive fire. Makes them more effective and feared.
– AI will be alerted by explosions. They may try to get to cover. The higher state of alertness will increase the chances of detecting the enemy.
– AI units are more able to detect gun fire. There are many factors which contribute to how far they can hear and how precise the information gained is: the ammo type, if the weapon is suppressed, how loud the weapon is (sound mods can change this), foliage, houses.
– Wounded AI that is unable to walk may separate from their group and be left alone if there’s no medic in the group. Helps AI groups reach their destination in a timely manner when one of theirs has been shot in the leg or had a stupid accident (fell of a rock and broke legs, got hit by car etc.).
– Groups reduced to a single unit after mission start will look for near friendly groups and join with them. AI working as a team is a lot stronger then a bunch of separate units.
– Buildings are used in combat by AI. You may see AI shooting from windows or rooftops and it may not be as easy to hide in a house anymore.
Here are the changes for the latest build since AUG 17.
– Configs consolidated into a single addon, c_aiskill
– Weapon dispersion tweaked (depends more on skill)
– Added sensitivity configs (special units are better at detecting enemies)
– Units should crouch more when shooting (config based)
– Rearming addon removed until it gets better developed
– Units will prefer going prone to shoot with big guns while not near building
– Added options in userconfig for taking cover and prone-with-bipod shooters
– Optimized find cover code
– Fired EH called less often for performance reasons. It will also only run if fps above 39 in SP.
– Wind and night are considered when calculating gunshot detection range
– Aiming accuracy no longer modified for air/apc/tank crew when abandoning their vehicle (it’s low enough by default)
– Fixed stupid bug with skill values assignment per unit type/level – all units were getting level 6 skills
– Weapon sway tweaks – reduced weapon shake for kneeling in addition to standing
– Realistic, fixed magnification for binoculars, laser designator
– Fixed bug with Vector SMG fire modes
– Added sys_weaponreplacements – functions for easily replacing unit weapons with compatible variants
Here’s a new version of the bundle (AI + Appendix): asr_addons_13081701. Changes since 0726 listed below:
– Rate of fire, mode selection and engagement ranges tweaked for most small weapons
– Base weapon aiming slightly reduced
– Enabled AI moving to cover routines (same as in A2)
– Removed all animation handlers.
– This mod no longer changes unit’s stance or MG recoil (they were recently improved in the engine)
– Weapons with suppressors have increased cyclic ROF.
– Using MK20 recoil type for the 5.56 suppressors
– No forced optics for Binoculars or Laser designators
– Reduced weapon sway for standing pose (15% less)
Time to add another zip file: asr_addons_13072602.
Changes since the 0602 version
– added basic rearming for AI (getting stuff only from dead bodies for now) – mags, nades, binocs, vests, backpacks, kits
– added dynamic recoil adjustments for AI using MG/AR (like in A2)
– userconfig: simplified skill set definitions by grouping skills into 3 categories: aiming, spotting and general (all the others)
– tweaked skill levels for all unit classes
– userconfig version number bumped to 8
– fixed some scripts that were throwing error messages
– disabled AI GL smoke (they use it by themselves anyway, but as if they were lethal)
– moved all unit type skill config values from sys_aiskill to c_aiskill
– added configs for the new unit classes (greens, spec ops)
– heavily tweaked all small arms AI engagement ranges and fire mode selections
Changes since the 0602 version
– adapted for latest beta, dev branch
– reverted to default magazine “mass” config
– reverted to default weapon recoil config
– added new suppressor types to the “no penalty” config
(by default, in A3, same bullets, if fired with suppressors, do less damage; with this config they do just as much as if unsuppressed)
– can’t use head-mounted NVG behind magnifying weapon optics
Updated repository to latest dev version. Still no rearming, but configs were redone for latest A3 beta.
Download zip: asr_addons_13070801.
Reverted dispersion coefficients so the weapon accuracy varies more with skill again (AI were a bit too accurate).
Up on dev repo and zipped here: asr_addons_13060202
Another small update pushed to dev repo, it adds AI throwing smoke as a hit event handler. Nice to see it can be done the easy way simply using the fire command without it looking weird. AI now even fires smoke from the GL, but I’ll probably need to tweak it to have them shoot the smoke lower, closer.
Small update pushed to dev repo:
– Updated for latest A3A dev build (0.61.105957).
– Added combat stance feature (keep lower when moving and shooting)
– Lower dispersion coefficients
– Reverted to (updated) vanilla weapon recoil and dispersion
Re-added night spotting coefficient (ported feature from ASR_AI for Arma2).